Beyond the Image

When viewing visual communication in its truest form, does one analyze it in order to come up with the building blocks of its concept? Some see visual communication as a way to receive information with its attention grabbing components, some may see it as an art form, and some may even see it as it is and never look past it as an image. All can be true, however, whatever category you perceive it in, there is a much more meaningful way to interpret the art of visual communication.

There are a lot of ways to receive and deliver communication- verbal, visual, audio, and written. I pay attention to all types of media, however, when it comes to analyzing and interpreting communications, I respond best to visual. Visual communication catches my eye instantly and is the first thing I begin to process. I can analyze colors, pictures and words used in order to get the point across which makes me able to understand the concepts faster. Because I want to become a film editor in the future, I will need to constantly maintain specific goals in what I want my visual communications to look like. I need to generate a feeling or mood, and use that to add to the overall tone of everything that I intend to portray.

When it comes to visual communication, I feel that images and colors used are the necessary tools needed in order for it to succeed. I can look at an image and can interpret as to why an image was used. Images can lead to a deeper understanding of the meaning of communications. While regarding colors, people can depict which mood the author wanted to implement throughout the image, while also grasping a feel for how a color can makes themselves feel about it.

When it comes to companies that have a strong visual communication, I think of Rihanna, Nike and Starbucks. When I see a Nike symbol, or think about a commercial that I’ve seen, I picture positivity and diversity. Nike has an incredible variety throughout all of its ads, has the use of multiple colors and also has encouraging messages throughout their communications. Rihanna envisions positivity and is truly iconic to my generation. Rihanna also represents aspirations as she has signed with Puma and made her own line called Fenty. She also recently introduced her makeup line, which caters to girls with every skin tone, creating a diverse message. While visualizing Starbucks, it is not only a well known logo, but it portrays a positive message as well.  

Communications has a huge potential for analysis and interpretations no matter what aspect is being portrayed. No matter what type of communication is in front of you, beginning an analysis can help determine what symbolization is being utilized and whether or not this leads to figuring out what the creator was trying to implement. By taking a step into analyzing communications around you, you can see it in its truest form, art.




Comments

Popular Posts